When you notice a stain or a leak somewhere in your home, it can be the tip of the water damage iceberg or a sign of significant water damage to come. Once you spot any signs of water damage, it is important to seek professional assistance to fix the issue before it becomes even worse, resulting in more expensive repairs.
Here is a list of signs that you have damage:
- Water stains. Whether it is on the ceiling or wall, stains need to be immediately inspected by a professional to determine the source.
- Morphed floors and walls. Buckling of any sort often means an extensive issue. The drywall or wood absorbs water, causing it to swell and change shape. This can occur over time or all at once, especially during a heavy storm.
- Crumbling. If you notice any crumbling wood around the windows, baseboards, or molding, it is an indication of the wood falling apart due to water infiltration.
- Mold or mildew smell. If you walk into a room and immediately notice a scent of mold or mildew, there could be moisture damage within the walls.
- Running water meter. Shut off all of the appliances that use water in your home, then observe the water meter. If the water meter continues despite no water being used, it is an indication of water leaving your system somewhere, which is often a leak.
To learn more about how we can help get your family back into a clean, dry home in Florida, contact Flood Pro’s USA and speak with our Bradenton water damage repair professionals today.