Your Trustworthy Car Mold Remediation Experts!
Do you remember the musty damp smell you experienced when you were in an old damp basement or attic? Now take that smell and put it in your car, but worse. Mold in your car can be even more unpleasant than mold in any other space. In such a small, cramped space, mold can easily find a home. Especially if your window or door seals are faulty, or you park in a damp garage.
Don’t deal with an unpleasant and dangerous situation, call our car mold remediation services at Floodpros, USA and our team will handle the issue and get you back on the road in a safe and efficient manner.
Car Mold & It’s Dangers
Mold is a type of fungi that loves the damp. It thrives in areas with high humidity, and in small spaces with less air circulation. When it comes to cars, mold finds its way in when you leave the windows open and it rains outside, or if you spill a drink and don’t air your car out. No matter how the mold gets there, since it’s such a small space, it gets trapped and makes a home for itself.
Although you may think it’s just a bad smell or a cosmetic issue, the reality is that mold causes health hazards that can cause issues for the driver and occupants of the vehicle, and especially if they’re immunocompromised, elderly or infants. This can cause allergy symptoms, respiratory issues, headaches and nausea to name a few. Mold can also deteriorate your car’s interiors and do irreversible damage if left too late.
With all of this in mind, it’s important to be aware of what mold looks like and call the experts to remove mold from your car interiors as soon as possible.
Know The Signs of Mold in Your Vehicle
Now that you know why mold is such a risk to health and the vehicle itself, this is how you find it. Remember, the sooner the issue is resolved, the less chances there are for mold to keep coming back.
Keep an eye out for the these:
- Visible growth of mold: this often looks like small fuzzy spots on surfaces like seats and upholstery. It can go from white to black in color.
- Health issues: if you or the occupants of the vehicle have itchy eyes, coughing, sneezing or skin irritation, these may be mold issues. You can visit your physician for confirmation if needed.
- Persistent smell: even if you can’t see the mold, a distinct, musty smell usually means it's there, just out of sight.
Now that you understand mold and how it affects the vehicle you use every day, you should call our team of experts for a free inspection. During this inspection we will let you know where the mold is, why it has arrived and give you a quote. If you’re happy to continue, we will undertake a very thorough clean of your car’s interior, with the aim of getting you back on the road as soon as we can!
What is mold and how did it get in my car?
Mold is a common occurrence in nature, but it isn’t great for indoor spaces, and this goes for cars, homes and offices as well. It grows in spaces that have high humidity, so anywhere that is damp or high in moisture is at risk. When it comes to car’s, it usually occurs because of leaky seals around doors and windows.
Is mold dangerous?
Mold can be dangerous to people and pets, especially with prolonged exposure. Some of the health risks are as follows:
- Lung infections.
- Nasal congestion or flu-like symptoms.
- Asthma symptoms.
- Wheezing or trouble breathing.
- Skin irritations.
How do I prevent mold growth?
There are some things you can do to prevent mold after a remediation has occurred, or if you’re afraid or recurrence.
- Reduce moisture in the car: make sure the car is dry before you close it, and make sure you don’t leave wet items inside.
- Roll up the windows: leaving windows open can invite mold spores and moisture, unless you’re airing out your car and driving it, you should keep the windows down.
- Regular cleaning: clean your car regularly with disinfectant to handle mold spores that may already be present.
- Avoid eating in your car as food spills can cause mold growth and try to make sure your garage has no mold either, as this can spread to the car.
How do I get rid of mold in the car?
DIY approaches are all well and good, but mold is something that can keep coming back indefinitely. If you want to get rid of mold once and for all, you will want to call in the professional car mold removal services for a once off fix. Once the issue is fixed and you’re educated as to how the issue started, you can prevent it from happening again, and rest assured that the issue is solved. So just call us at Floodpros, USA, and we can handle everything for you.