Water damage occurs when excess water starts to pool in areas where it should not. There are a variety of factors that result in excess water, contributing to water damage.
However, once you are knowledgeable of the possible causes, you can take precautionary measures to ensure that a leak or flood doesn’t occur. The faster you notice the issue, the less work the water damage restoration company will have to repair.
The following are the common causes of water damage:
- Bursting or leaking pipes. Old and rusty pipes are prone bursts and leaks. Furthermore, backed up or blocked drains or toilets can cause undue pressure in the pipes, causing them to burst or leak.
- Plumbing issues. Water damage occurs when hoses and pipe joints in the plumbing system are not completely attached. Some problems are difficult to detect because they occur within the walls of your home.
- House appliance malfunctions. When household appliances reach or exceed their expiration date, their pipes start to rust and cark, weakening their hoses. Whether it is a washing machine or refrigerator, these appliances are susceptible to deterioration. The two main appliances that cause water damage in homes most often are hot water tanks and washing machines.
- Concerns with your crawl space, attic, and basement. These spaces are more prone to water damage. Dampness in these areas can allow mold to grow and cause structural damage. Inspect your home periodically for any leaks.
- HVACs. Air conditioning and heating units often cause water damage. These systems need regular servicing. When they are not properly maintained, they can cause moisture to develop within the units.
- Inclement weather. Even though you have no control over the weather and storms, you can take steps to minimize its effect on your home.
To learn more about how we can help get your family back into a clean, dry home in Florida, contact Flood Pro’s USA and speak with our Bradenton water damage repair professionals today.