Your home is one of your most valuable possessions, and likely to represent one of your greatest personal investments. As such, it’s important to provide the continual maintenance and upkeep your home needs—not only to protect your investment and to watch it grow, but to ensure the everyday comfort, convenience, and safety of those living inside of it.
Perhaps the most critical aspect of home maintenance is the foundation of your home. If you are spotting signs of water damage—basement area, in particular—it is highly important to address these issues to prevent severe structural damage and greater expenses in the long run. However, before you know that it’s time to hire a professional for your basement water damage repair needs, you must be knowledgeable of the most obvious signs first.
In this article, our expert team at Flood Pros USA will share with you the most common signs of water damage basement area, and what you can do about it to protect your home and your investment.
Change in Color and Texture of Surfaces
If you notice discoloration in the walls or floor of your basement, usually yellowish or brownish color, this is probably a water stain. Additionally, the wallpaper or paint may peel, and the walls may warp—indicating water damage.For those with an unfinished basement, be on the lookout for signs of efflorescence, or a white, salt-like substance found on the walls. This will represent how high the water affecting your home has climbed up the walls and can give you a sign of the extent of the damage. If your flooring’s under-padding also feels spongy, this may also be an additional sign of water damage.
Excessive moisture can lead to cracking in the floors, foundation, door panels, and windows. If the cracks on your window and doors are left unaddressed, this can lead to more water leaking into your basement.
Basements that are used as storage areas may give off a certain smell, and this doesn’t necessarily mean that there is water damage. However, you might need a basement water damage repair service if there is a strong damp and musty smell in your basement, that doesn’t seem to go away no matter how frequently you clean it. If this is the case, what you smell is probably mold or mildew that resulted from excessive moisture and water damage.
Another sign of water damage is the growth of mold on your furniture, walls, wood, and other organic materials. They can be black, dark green, or white substances that give off a distinctive musty smell.
Your Trusted Florida Restoration Company
Once you have successfully spotted signs of water damage basement area, it is time to contact an expert that can provide effective water damage repair services. Since 2015, Flood Pros USA has been catering to homeowners in Florida and other nearby areas for their basement water damage repair needs, as well as home restoration for those affected by the fire, mold, and other disasters. Below are the water damage services we provide:
- Water Damage Restoration: Our comprehensive water damage restoration service includes everything from emergency extractions to restoration to deodorizing and cleaning in order to prevent serious property damage. If you have mold or bacteria in your home, we can also perform mold remediation service.
- Water Mitigation: This service involves removing excess water or drying out your home, particularly the basement and attic, in order to make sure that the moisture wouldn’t cause damage.
- Water Extraction: Our company uses powerful professional-grade equipment to conduct water extraction to your basement or any part of your home.
- Water Removal: We will prevent further damage to your possessions and property by conducting a water removal process immediately after a flood.
- Water Damage Remediation: Flood Pros USA provides tailored water damage remediation solutions after identifying the extent of the water damage.
Aside from being a BBB-accredited company that is certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration, Flood Pros USA counts with an expert team of trained professionals available 24/7 throughout the year. Plus, we offer our reasonably priced solutions with lifetime warranties to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
If you want to learn more about how Flood Pros USA can help you, give us a call to speak with a representative today. You can also find out how to receive a free in-home estimate by filling out this quick online form.
Subscribe to Flood Pros USA's Blog